Volunteer at Finlandia Village!
Volunteers are part of our Life Enrichment Department Team and we are looking for dynamic individuals who are willing to make a firm commitment of their time and talents to a wide variety of opportunities.
“Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.”
― Dalai Lama
How to Apply
What you will need before your first volunteer visit:
- Youth under 14 years are to be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is a vetted Finlandia Village Volunteer
- Youth 14-17years will be provided with a Parent/Guardian Agreement form for parent/guardian approval
- You will be asked to provide the names of two (2) non-family references
- Provide at own cost, Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen: 18years +
- Provide at own cost, a Two-Step Tuberculosis skin test
- An Influenza Vaccine (flu shot) is highly encouraged and proof of vaccination is required annually
- Provide at own cost, Standard First Aid & CPR Level C. This is not mandatory, but is highly encouraged, and proof of re-certification is required.
An orientation session will then be scheduled to help familiarize you with Finlandia Village, to provide you with an overview of how the Life Enrichment Department operates, as well as to prepare you for your volunteer role.
Once the required documents are submitted and your Village Volunteer orientation is complete, we will proceed with a tour of the facility, introductions to residents, to staff and fellow volunteers as well as a job shadow for your first volunteer visit.
We look forward to meeting you, and remember… The life you enrich may be your own!