The Fitness Centre is temporarily closed to all members wanting to use exercise equipment
Post-op Joint Replacement Rehab
(Total hip replacement, total knee replacement, total/reverse shoulder arthroplasty)
- Provides rehab for anyone who has undergone a total hip replacement, total knee replacement or a reverse/total shoulder arthroplasty.
- Our Physiotherapist will assess and treat all patients with the help of the Kinesiologist who will help patients progress through the exercises.
- Approximately 8-10 weeks (dependent on the patient’s rate of recovery).
patients seen for the pre-op program prior to getting their joint replacement surgery
Pre-op Joint Replacement Program
- Offered to any older adult who has seen an Orthopedic Surgeon and either has a surgery date or is waiting for their surgery date to have their hip or knee replaced.
- Our Physiotherapist will provide education regarding muscle imbalances, gait and the importance of achieving stability of the pelvis prior to surgery.
- Patient will then recieve functional training regarding gait aids and stairs
- Kinesiologist will progress the patient through various exercises until their surgery.
- Offered every Monday and Wednesday morning.
of patients recovered very well post operatively after completing the pre-op program
Prehab Exercise Program
- Available to all older adults who suffer from pain related to arthritis in the hips, the knees or the shoulders.
- Involves a group assessment and education session by our Physiotherapist where explanation is given regarding the muscle imbalances that lead to alignment issues that in turn lead to dysfunctional movement patterns.
- Participants will then progress through an exercise program with our Kinesiologist.
- 6 week program – Group classes are offered two days per week for a duration of six weeks.
- Offered every Monday and Wednesday afternoon.
* Costs are covered by a bundled funding partnership with Health Sciences North